Thursday, July 28, 2022

28-July-2022

28-July-2022

Thursday

02:54am

#85

oh hey, I'm still here, 

I think basically my life is the same in 2020 as in 2019, though I quit my job in second to last day of 2020.

so began 2021, I think of taking a break for a few months before perhaps getting a new job, but I procrastinate until this day. In 2021, I think I also did the same stuffs as in 2020 except that I dont have a salaried job. Though I think I grew a lot personally as an individual, through all kinds of stuff as usual, movies, internet and esports. 

Now I didn't check my old posts to see whether I mentioned it, but I do volunteer as a Liquipedia editor, initially it was a side project of Team Liquid that now has grown to one of the best resource of esports wiki (some games that it covers). Most articles/pages is maintained by a community of volunteers around the world. So it was a great experience to talk/connect with those people. (The developers keep the site alive, and develop).

I think my parents didn't mind much about me not having a job, my father did initially keep tells me to get a job, any job, my mother, well my mother (I'm not good with EQ with parents as usual), as usual I'm not even sure if my brothers care anyway, 

I do wanna share some thoughts I have,
simple example; my brother dislikes me taking pictures of him, I shared to my family group, nowhere else (because why would I do that), sometime some other family member also dissed the action, so I stopped, for the sake of not wanting to ruin the family bond, but when my brother takes pictures of me and shared to the family group (same thing I did), everything is fine, nothing.. I can't help but see the hypocrisy.. sometimes some sarcastic posts of me, example sarcastic posts; me doing laundry for one fabric being energy friendly, (I only use the machine twice a week, sometimes thrice depending on situations), but when housemate use it almost daily, everything is fine... nothing, sometimes I just wanna say that my brother is a keyboard warrior, I deemed it so since few years ago when dissing in group chat but not dare to face other people in real life.. there are some other hypocrisy that I noticed.. but for the sake of keeping the family group drama-free, I stayed quiet for many many years

this thing I wanna point out too; 
housemate A got sick, his brother got him food and beverages
I got sick, my brother record my coughing sounds (like.. why?)
as I grow older I don't mind/care about a lot of things, but I do think for situations like this, its better if one does not do anything at all if one cant help
but sometimes when you see something, notice something, you generate thoughts

back to esports, I only hang around for dota2 esports, I think one reason why I volunteer for Liquipedia is that the platform caters to thousand or millions of people around the world, yes it doesn't pay, I can't last forever, but when if I get a salaried job, I'll try to balance it out

there many people that I know (not personally in real life obviously) through that platform, increasing my experiences, I do attribute Liquipedia to me knowing some basic geography, country that I dont know existed, some ISO codes, heck I still remember some people

example this one person I like to call panda (because the profile picture is Panda Express), sarcastic person, cracks up sarcastic jokes, but left due to irl obligations (though he himself pointed he wanna leave, because well its a volunteer thing and before he left he mention about fiancée)

there are many others too 
and many other tournament organizer

-------------------------------------------------------

usually I mentioned about movies that I watched too, guess I still can, the only movie I watched in theater in 2020 that I remember is "Tenet", its not bad, but I think its complicated/sophisticated for normal movie-goers, 

some movies that I remember watching in 2021; 
Boss Level - I like this one, its a time loop movie, I first experienced time loop movie in 2014 by "Edge of Tomorrow"
Zack Snyder's Justice League - I do think its an improvement over the theatrical cut, obviously due to it being 4 hours of runtime, more content
Mortal Kombat - its fine, but I do think it might have been even better, but probably due to limited resources so its understandable
Wrath of Man - good, Guy Ritchie action film
Army of the Dead - good, Zack Snyder zombie film
Spiral - well the same as predecessor style
A Quiet Place Part II - good story
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It - not good, not bad, just normal
Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard - funny as predecessor
F9 - honestly think some lazy writing is involved, dead/retired characters coming back, kinda defeats the purpose of the emotion one gone though when experiencing the earlier movies
The Tomorrow War - not good, not bad, just normal, but time travel and war with aliens
Black Widow - definitely feels like a standalone movie, perhaps it should have been made earlier to slot in earlier time window
Pig - good story
Snake Eyes - feels a bit cheesy
Old - interesting story about it
The Suicide Squad - James Gunn film, funny, some gore (depending how one sees it)
Don't Breathe 2 - bad guy in first movie, good guy in second movie (Terminator?)
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - it was rated highly, but I think its just normal (please dont hate me)
Venom: Let There Be Carnage - I dont know what to write about this
No Time to Die - a good ending for the Craig-Bond era
Dune - interesting, glad a second movie is coming, I'll be on board to watch it
Army of Thieves - feels generic, but not bad
Eternals - rated below half, but I actually think its not bad, perhaps not good enough for its lengthy runtime
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - rated poorly, I dont think its good, pretty bad compare to some other horror movies, but if one know something from the games that are in the movie, maybe one can feel 'mercy' about the movie, a baiting trailer
Don't Look Up - movie about a big rock coming to hit Earth, very good
Spider-Man: No Way Home - obviously a good comeback for the spideys
The Matrix Resurrections - dont think it has the same feelings as the original movies, feels different
The King's Man - I dont know what to write about this except maybe not bad?

2022
Moonfall - humans, aliens and interstellar war, Independence Day 2 ? oh its same director
Death on the Nile - do feel the first one has higher feeling of 'mysterious'
The Batman - Matt Reeves does deliver a good film, even comic character
The Adam Project - time travel movie, not bad
Morbius - just as most critics say, messy, I do wanna say why? on the CGI effect when the characters 'super-speed'
Ambulance - not good, not bad (as in I wont constantly rewatch it)
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore - its an improvement over its predecessor, but not sure if its enough
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - first movie I watched in theater since Tenet in 2020, not bad not bad, but I wanna say I did have higher expectations
Top Gun: Maverick - do think its a good one, will congratz on the billion+ dollars
Jurassic World Dominion - rated worst in the franchise, I actually think its not bad, but perhaps the story is repetitive

I usually like the movie when it has a good synergy with its soundtracks

04:31am

Thursday

28-July-2022

No comments:

Post a Comment